okay — I’ll start this off by sharing that I learned way more about Bluetooth and Bluefruit than I assumed I would with this project.
My initial plan was to add btle connection to my existing project of the color sensing wrist band. Ideally, I would have a controller to reset the sketch and a color picker to completely isolate the neopixels from the color sensor and in-turn be able to choose colors from the color wheel on the adafruit Bluefruit app to then change the neopixels manually. Let’s just say this was much more complicated than I thought and i learned a ton in this experience
I started my process out by combing through Adafruit’s site looking for solid examples of how to integrate my existing code into their Bluefruit sample code. This was my first mistake. I spent hours sorting through blogs upon blogs and other documentation that should support this direction but kept hitting dead ends.
A success Point was when I connected to my Bluefruit app; however I ended up upgrading the firmware and may have upset my Bluefruit— more on that later.
I had spent so much time troubleshooting this process that by time class came to be, my assignment was incomplete and I requested more time to sort through and see if I was missing something. Jingwen approved a short extension of 4 days and also suggested that I use the provided sample code (that for some reason I didn’t see initially when looking for it when I started). Potentially so many hours saved..or not..but disappointing nonetheless.
So I set forth once again to see if I could tackle this one. I found the code tested it out, and began to integrate my existing code into it. Someone at some point suggested that I connect to my Apple computer via Bluetooth and the Aidadruit mac app and found that I could see the device no problem. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to connect to my phone at all. I kept tweaking the code assuming that it was my error yet this issue persisted.
I spent a few hours combing pages and blogs trying to see if I could find some additional answers or information and finally had to give up on the process due to other projects and class deadlines.
I will say that I learned so much and really feel determined to figure out if this is possible. Will update if I get this to work!