This week we were assigned to create business cards for ourselves. I went with a less traditional method and decided to use plastic as a medium and use the laser cutter to rasterize and cuts. I used prototype and quantum fonts (found though dafont.com) and used my LED drawing from the poster. The nounproject was my source for the mobile phone, web, and mail icons.
I found the process of design to be incredibly fun, yet found the production was a bit difficult to master in the short amount of time I provided. The materials chosen were a thin laser cuttable luminescent plastic. I underestimated the cut and lost part of the design during printing.
Below are screenshots of the process in illustrator and during the laser cutting process.